Friday, January 4, 2008

Well, Adam and I are down to one car right now until he (and maybe my brother) figure out a way to keep it from overheating. I think the next thing they'll be checking is the water pump. Yippee!

So, back to the point. One car means that we needed to get all of us up and out of the house in time to get me to work at 9. That doesn't sound like such a big deal since we are usually up and out around 7, but now, during Christmas Break, 9:00 is a big deal. So we were up and rushing around and stopping for coffee (hey - we have to have our priorities!) and getting me and the kids to Pages In Time WAY too early during Christmas Break. Tammy then came to pick the kids up sometime around 9:45 after she got done working out. She's freaking religious about that stuff!! Darn those people with self discipline! (love you, tam!)

Work day was fairly normal until shortly after lunch when one of our customers passed out and we had to call an ambulance. Not your average workday.

After work, Adam picked me up, we grabbed the kids from Tammy and headed home. I've been working on PIT emails and updating the website since I got home, with a short break for dinner. But at least now I should have my weekend free! Now the kids are in bed and quiet, which is nice. Jacob's been working really hard at reading his Transformers chapter book - I think he got through at least 10 chapters just today! I love that he seems to be getting more interested in reading. My mom just set him up with an incredible library of books from her "former teacher" collection - nothing like having a former elementary ed teacher for a grandma, huh? She must have given us more than 100 books of all sorts! The kids were thrilled, and I'm excited to have our own library at their disposal.

Final note: Abby's been running a mysterious fever every night for the last 3 nights. During the day she is pretty much fine, but once the sun sets, on comes the fever. Weird. No other significant symptoms, yet. We'll see what this turns into...

2 comments:

  1. Maybe Abby is a vampire. Keep her out of the sunlight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're down to one car too. My empathy goes much deeper than "aww", trust me . . .

    ReplyDelete