Sunday, January 6, 2008

Weekend Wrap-Up

Yesterday we spent a good portion of the day straightening the house and making things a little more presentable. Used the kids as slave labor to get their rooms and the basement (toy room) taken care of. We drove Adam to work around 1pm and then the kids and I ran to WalMart (the black hole of time) for some much-needed groceries. There's something about that process that makes me want to put it off for the longest period of time possible, just short of starving ourselves to death. I hate going to the grocery store.

Got home and ate a late lunch, then finished up the house through the course of the afternoon. Abby's fever returned around sundown (what in the world??), but some Tylenol seemed to take care of it this time - she was pretty much back to normal in time for church. The McMullens were up in Berrien for Daryl's family Christmas, but that didn't keep us from crashing at their place and anxiously awaiting their return! That's right - they can't get rid of us!! Hung out there until the usual 1:30am and then finally headed home.

Adam had to work this morning, but Mike Sill was kind enough to give him a ride (in the 50+ degrees and THICK FOG) so that the kids and I didn't have to get up and get him to church at 6:30 this morning (THANKS MIKE!!). The kids and I hung out and had a lazy morning before running to pick Adam up for Carter Ruth's birthday party this afternoon - at the McMullens! It's a darn good thing for our collective sakes that they bought that house, that's for sure!! Had a great time at the party, then lingered well past party time (except for Adam - he had to go back to work) for Bruno's pizza and a good debate. Covered entertainment, politics, and even touched on religion. Good times!

Tam drove us home just in time for the kids to get ready for bed - and they crashed HARD! I was worried that they'd have trouble falling asleep on this, their last night of Christmas break before a VERY early wake-up call tomorrow morning. But the party was just the thing to wipe them out. Hopefully they'll have a great 1st day back to school! It's predicted to be over 60 degrees tomorrow (in January!!), and the kids are supposed to start ice skating lessons tomorrow afternoon - we'll see how that goes...

1 comment:

  1. Sandy hates grocery shopping, too. So, I get elected every time (you'd think I'd won the New Hampshire primary or something!). Anyway, I've gotten to where I enjoy it... after all, I get ALL THE THINGS I LIKE!!!!

    Have you checked WebMD about the fever? Just an idea....

    ReplyDelete