Sunday was "Girls Day Out" for Tammy's birthday - no big (or even little) trip this time around since we'll be taking a BIG trip in a few short months. This time Tam chose to stick around town, get pedicures, see a movie and have dinner. We met and went straight to Elite Nails for our 1:00 appt. Can I just take this opportunity to say that pedicures a what Heaven must be like?? The massage chair, the whirlpool foot soak, the massage... Yeah, I could live like that. If I were going to add one completely frivolous thing to my budget, that would be it. I could be one of those people.
Ok, so after the pedicures, we wandered around the mall for a little while, did some very MINOR shopping (hehe) and then cut out of there to get up to Wonderland in Niles for "27 Dresses" at 4:00. Awesome fun movie - very cute. Great chick-flick. From there we headed to Houlihan's for dinner and some great conversation. I love that I have a small handful of friends with whom I can talk about *anything* and know that they're with me and for me. There's nothing better, and I'm SO grateful for Tammy, Jami and Debbie.
Got home to find Adam and the kids cuddled up in the recliner watching a movie (nevermind that it was 9pm on a school night...). When I took my shoes and socks off to show Adam my gorgeous toes I found that a few were smeared from being encouraged to leave before my paint was dry! Jumped on the computer to email the girls and found that Jami and Tammy had already written that they had the same problem. Unacceptable. That wrong WOULD be righted - which leads to a later post....
So, the economy sucks, we're at war with Iraq, murder and mahem EVERYWHERE and.... YOUR TOENAIL POLISH IS SMEARED!!!! WHOM DO I SUE!? WHICH CANDIDATE DO I VOTE FOR THAT CAN HANDLE THIS???!!!
ReplyDeleteAlas, I know not. I know not.