Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Jacob and Abby got to spend the day with Grandma and Grandpa Albright (Adam's mom & stepdad) and I'm sure a good time was had by all! Jacob brought his Physics kit that Grandpa gave him for Christmas prepared for some serious fun. They also did some shoveling and snowblowing, I heard. Abby, on the other hand, brought indoor toys, including the horse that Grandma gave her. I'm sure she did some playing outside, too.

They arrived home (after a long and treacherous drive in the heavy snow) a little after 6:30 to find the McMullens here for a sleepover! We ate some dinner and then rushed (slowly and safely, of course) to the mall to meet Mom, Katie, Steve, Adia and Tori at Build-A-Bear. (Yes, that's 4 adults and SEVEN kids. Scary.) For Christmas this year, Steve decided to take the girls to Build-A-Bear and let them choose any animal they wanted to take back to Wisconsin with them. He even put personalized recorded messages in them for the girls - it was really sweet. Katie and I then bought the accessories as their Christmas gifts. My crowd of kids knew going in that they weren't buying tonight - they were just assisting Adia and Tori. They actually did amazingly well. No one even asked me for anything! Rachel did show me about 43 different outfits that she wants for her "Builder Bear," but she's going to save her money and buy them, she says.

After the mall we made a quick stop at Martin's for some necessities (can't go too long without toilet paper before people start to get cranky) and then headed home. Right now there are three girls asleep in Abby's room and two boys asleep (I think...) in Jacob's room, Adam's on the xbox (shocker), and the house is quiet.

Tomorrow's my day off and I get to spend it with 7 kids! The McMullens get to stay for the day, and the Ruths with be coming over mid-morning until around dinner time. It'll be crazy and chaotic, but it'll be FUN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment