Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Monday is Adam's and my day off every week. Of course, one of us still has to get up with the kids for school (and it's usually Adam since I cover T, W & F), but whoever gets up usually crawls right back in bed once the kids are on the bus. I usually feel just a tinge of guilt when I roll over and look at the clock, just to see that Abby's already on her way to lunch... But I quickly get over it! Besides, she eats lunch at 10:30 in the morning!

Yesterday was cleaning day - I had to make up for all that time I spent scrapbooking and just being lazy over the weekend. Fortunately things weren't TOO out of control and I got things back in some form of order pretty quickly. Before we knew it, the kids were home and it was time for homework and then getting ready for ice skating lessons. After lessons, Adam took all 5 kids back to our house for the McMullen's date night, and I went straight to work to get ready for a class I was teaching. While I was there, Adam got dinner together and then Katie came over to hang with the kids (thanks Kate!) so that Adam could hang out at Corey's for a little while. Apparently Katie survived the experience, but it may have only been because she brought her "guard dog" for protection/entertainment.

While teaching I received an emergency text from Katie: "Bring home toilet paper." Not a good situation, indeed. So, I made a quick stop at Martin's before heading home. Adam got there a little while before me, so I didn't get to see Kate and get the low-down on her evening, but I guess things went ok. She and the kids both made it out alive. Adam did tell me that she'd been called to work today - as a GYM TEACHER! I love it!! Can't wait to hear those stories...

No comments:

Post a Comment