I finally got around to sending out my Christmas cards today! So if you found yourself at some point over the last month thinking, "Those blasted Callenders! We sent THEM a card, but did they send US one?? NOOOO!!! That's IT!! They're off our list!" I can understand why you would assume such a thing. However, you were mistaken. You see, I'm just lazy and avoid the frenzied feeling that comes with trying to get the cards done, ready and sent by the time Christmas rolls around. So, a while back, I gave myself permission to just relax about it. Now I just send them whenever I get around to it. It doesn't mean that I don't love you all dearly - I do! Really!! But it's just not worth the stress. So there you have it. :)
Now, back to the last couple of days. Yesterday was Wednesday... Up with kids, bus, coffee, work, meeting at church, home, kids, errands, ice skating, home, dinner, homework, kids bedtime, Adam home, conversation, tv, bedtime.
Thursday is my day off, so Adam gets up with the kids so I can SLEEP!! Yeehaw! Got up just before 10 after a solid 9 hours - aahhhh... Made a long-needed trip to the grocery store. 2.5 hours and $200+ later, I got home. Ouch. The kids got home not long after that and I started on my list of things to get done for the day - clean the kitchen, mop the floor, laundry, bathe the kids, etc. Made pretty good progress before heading out to meet the McMullens and Ruths for dinner at Burger King - we switched things up a bit. The kids were thrilled, the adults not so much. Anyway, from there we went to church (awesome - and the place was PACKED OUT!) and then home for BEDTIME. Thursday night bedtime is a CHORE because the kids are still wound up from church and have trouble getting down to business, and because we're home and starting the process later than usual so I'm in a rush... But when their heads hit their pillows, it's usually "lights out", so that's a good thing. And now the house is quiet, and that's a REALLY good thing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment