Ok, I failed miserably this week at keeping up with the blog.
Since last week at this time...
Friday was a work day. Got home in time to get kids off the bus. Adam had movie night with "the boys" so the kids and I hung out at home and watched Cars.
Saturday I picked up someone's shift at the store (the beginning of a short-term savings program I've instituted to support a trip I'll be taking in April - more on that later!). Jacob went to ice skating while Abby went to a friend's birthday party at Let's Go Bananas - she had a BLAST making her own (sauceless) pizza. When they were done, they hung out at Grandma's for a little while until I was done at work. Took Jacob to a friend's house for the evening (Monesh - his best friend at school) and then Abby and I ran home for a little while before heading to church and then back to the McMullen's for pizza (picked up Jacob on the way). We relaxed for a while after dinner and then the girls (minus Debbie) caught a movie - ps. I Love You. The movie was awesome - we were all in tears at several points. After that it was back to the McMullen's for what is quickly becoming a weekly tradition - watching the boys play on the Xbox - FUN!
Sunday - hung out at home with the fam until Adam had to go to work in the afternoon. Filed our taxes - should have our return by February 1st - yippee!!
Monday - no school for MLK day so we slept in, and then the McMullen kids came over so Tammy could go to work and to a dr.'s appointment (bronchitis!). Took all of them to ice skating in the afternoon and then handed them ALL off to Tammy so Adam and I could have date night. Unfortunately, Adam had a headache...so we rented a couple of movies (Bourne) and ordered Chinese takeout. Still a good night.
Tuesday - back to school and work. Alarm clock. Ick. Home to get kids off the bus - on Tuesdays and Thursday I get a few extra kids for about 20 minutes or so until their moms get home from work. Prepped for my Scrapbook 201 class (I teach some techniques - a step up from beginner) and then headed back to work for the evening. Class went well. It's usually pretty fun to teach, and it's always nice to make a little extra money. :)
Wednesday - Alarm clock, school, work, etc. Adam came home from work early so that I could go to Tammy's for a Lia Sophia party, which was FUN. Mom and Katie, Jami, Debbie, and Leah were there, along with several others. I won a pair of earrings and when I put them on it totally freaked out Tammy's kids! Makes me wonder what would happen if they ever saw me in earrings AND makeup - they may totally lose it!! While I was there, Steve brought his girls over to our house to play, and he and Adam played on the Xbox for a (very) little while.
Thursday - SLEPT IN (ahhh) and then got up to clean up the house and do laundry - the usual Thursday routine. When the kids got home, we did homework and stuff until it was time for dinner at the mall food court before church. Met the McMullens and Ruths. Mom couldn't make it, but she did meet us at church with Adia and Tori. The girls went to their classrooms and had a GREAT time! I think they were happy to get out of the house for a while and play with some kids. Went home, took a hot bath and crashed HARD.
Friday - School and work. Met the kids off the bus and went immediately to the library. Jacob found a pretty good stack of books (mostly about Star Wars, but also one about the Titanic and another on JFK), but Abby wasn't feeling too well - she didn't even look at books. She played on the computer for a few minutes and then we left to run some errands. Stopped at the bank drive-thru and Abby fell asleep while we waited. The rest of the errands would have to wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment