Thankfully, Adam got up with the kids on this, their first day back after Christmas Break. I HATE getting up at 6:15 in the morning, trying to convince two kids that they are excited to go to school and need to get out of their nice, warm beds. It's wrong. So, Adam's doing that helped me to avoid that dreaded task for just one more day and I'm grateful. I, of course, took advantage of this and slept in, which is the right and good thing to do in such a situation.
Rolled out of bed around 10:30 (abby should be on her way to lunch right about now...) and began a very lazy day off in a very quiet house. Drank some coffee, watched some tv, did a couple of loads of laundry, finished my DT assignment that is more than a week overdue (Jamie, you didn't read that), etc. My brother came over just before lunch time to help Adam fix his truck. They replaced the water pump and now Adam should be good to go. Either that or Steve will be trading us trucks in the very near future!
The kids got home, coatless, around 2:45 and immediately proceeded to behave as if it were summer. But then, why wouldn't they? IT'S 64 STINKING DEGREES OUTSIDE ON JANUARY 7TH!! That's downright balmy for Indiana in the winter. Abby was looking for her flip-flops (not kidding). They both jumped on the trampoline, Abby rode her bike - they were convinced that Spring was on it's way! The snow that's predicted for this weekend will probably convince them otherwise...
Did homework and baths after that and then dropped them off at the McMullen's for date night. Love date night. Adam and I headed up to Wonderland and saw Juno - good movie. Not for everyone, and there's questionable content, so don't complain to me if you go and get offended by something stupid! Overall though, good quirky movie. Laughed out loud at several parts. Happy feelings at the end. Thumbs up. After the movie, however, I wasn't feeling all that hot (maybe because the popcorn I ate was some of the very little food I'd eaten all day) so we went back home, in the middle of a THUNDERSTORM and TORNADO WATCH (in January, folks!) and crashed for a while before Adam went and reclaimed our children. Tomorrow... back to work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Speaking of tornados... I understand Kenosha got hit pretty hard today. Not good! Sue is up there... (Did you hear? Jeanne's husband died unexpectedly.)
ReplyDeleteAnyway, KEEP SAFE!