Again, typical evening. Dinner, finished up homework, Xbox, Recorder practice (gotta love 3rd grade music), reading time, etc. I sent the kids upstairs to start reading at 8:00. When I went up to pray with them at 8:30, I found Abby asleep - lights on, thumb in mouth (only happens when she's REALLY tired), no book in sight. I don't think she even got started! Apparently this first week after Christmas Break is wiping her out!
Jacob got 3 books from the school library today - all on presidents - Lincoln, JFK & George H.W. Bush. He was asking me all sorts of questions about who my favorite president was, what you have to do to be a president, etc. He announced later that he wants to be the president - but he wanted to know if he'd still get to see his kids, if he'd have to go away a lot, and if they'd get to go with him on his trips. Wild, huh?
The weirdest part is that it makes me start thinking about possibilities. I mean, it's pretty unlikely that my son will someday be the President of the United States. But maybe that's exactly what Lincoln's, JFK's and Bush's mothers thought. Strange to think about...

Looks pretty presidential, doesn't he??
He's got my vote... NOW!
ReplyDeleteJacob vs. the smiling kid at Catlayst . . . campaign slogans? "Put Callender on your Calendar for 2030!"
ReplyDelete