Thursday, January 10, 2008

All of this recent blogging activity on my part has raised some questions. So, to dispel the myths and rumors that are flying, here is the very simple explanation:

The primary reason I started this blog was to document my everyday - which includes my kids' everyday. The stuff that I won't remember unless I write it down. It's helpful for me, because I have the worst memory in the world, and it's nice for my family members to be able to keep track of us because, frankly, I'm a lousy communicator. Oh sure, I talk a lot. I tell stories and have plenty to say. I do not, however, call people and initiate conversation. I don't email for no reason, I don't IM, I don't send cards or letters. I suck. I would love to be one of those people who does that stuff, but alas, I am not. Maybe someday...

But in the meantime, I have the blog. A place I can share stories and photos and random bits of information (that may be important to me and me alone) that I can refer to later and remember what I did with my life. And my grandparents can read colorful anecdotes about their adorable great-grandchildren. So it's a win-win!

As for today... nothing much to report. It was a good day off. Slept in, watched some tv, cleaned up around the house, did some laundry, reorganized my office area a bit, "encouraged" my children to do their homework and chores, went to the mall for dinner, New Community (including outstanding worship with Jason and outstanding message by Dr. Bob), and then home to "encourage" the kids to get into bed as quickly as humanly possible! Then a little Grey's (new episode - yay!!).

1 comment:

  1. I've got a little "gray" too... mostly in my beard.

    Keep blogging. I'm curious, though. What rumors could start from your blogging more? Ahhhhh, yes. People are interesting.

    ReplyDelete