Monday, July 11, 2005
Family Day
Today (after swimming lessons) we packed everybody up in the van and headed up to Holland for a long overdue visit with the Irelands - Adam's sister Ellen, her husband Rick (who we missed because we were there while he was at work - hey Rick!) and their daughters Megan and Marissa. The kids had an absolute blast playing with Marissa (and Ruby and Parker - the new Golden Retreiver puppies!) while we caught up with Ellen, who's had a particularly rough year as she has been fighting cancer. During this same year, Marissa was diagnosed and is undergoing treatment for Leukemia. Check out their website (click on one of their names) for more about them - they are two of the toughest people I know - truly amazing. I'm really glad we had the chance to get up there and hang out with them, even if the visit was a short one. Thanks for letting us come and bother you guys for a while - and HAPPY BIRTHDAY tomorrow Ellen!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm praying for those girls! Thanks for sharing
ReplyDelete