Today was a banner day at Pages In Time (written with a moderate amount of sarcasm). I've spent 2 straight days stocking our cardstock and preparing a reorder. This may not sound like a monumental task, but you're going to have to trust me on this - it is. It's my own personal hell. It's a task that I've somehow inherited at the store and one that nobody else has any interest in taking over, and so if we want to sell cardstock, I need to put it on the shelves. I'm not kidding - I could disappear for weeks, maybe even months. There could be a nationwide manhunt for my abductors. My family members would appear on national television begging for my safe return. My good friends at PIT would wait for me to get back to restock the cardstock. I mean, it's not like they'd want to "mess it up" or anything, right? (yes, you guys, I'm talking to you!! ;) )
On days like that, I need to remind myself that my job at PIT has very little to do with scrapbooking and that this hobby I love is only very loosely associated with the torture I experience while preparing a cardstock order. This is why I have now deemed Wednesdays as "Scrapbook Wednesday" - a day when I will share with y'all (I have family in the South, so I can say that) a project that I've worked on recently, and thereby remind myself why I love what I do. So today I share with you a personal project that I made recently for my daughter, Abby. I'll soon be making a duplicate for her friend that is also featured within. They do everything together, everything they have matches - did I really think I could make just one??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:) you are cracking me up....what will mark and julie do when you are cut to death with cardstock? Who'll do the CS order? LOL
ReplyDeleteI must say at first glance I thought I was going to have to tell you that you spelled "baby" wrong. No, wait, it's supposed to be "abby."
ReplyDeleteall i have to say about the cardstock order is, "you pansey." (and yest i know i spelled it wrong) we all have things that we don't care about our jobs, for example, i too have a personal hell and it is on tuesdays when i have to work with this really annoying girl named becky. seriously, what is her problem? not only that but she's like 100lbs soaking wet, like i want to stand next to that ALL DAY LONG.
ReplyDeleteanyway, hope you're having fun in chicago (and in case people don't understand that the above paragraph was sarcastic and all in fun, it was so relax, i'm not the kind of person to type mean things...anyway)
love you beck!
k