Slept in a little this morning before getting the kids breakfast - Jacob actually slept late for him - about 8:30! I got the paper and we ate breakfast before I got them ready for church and me ready for work. Normally we go to church on Saturday nights, but I picked up a shift today, and Adam is working (as he does pretty much every Sunday), so the kids were going to have to go to church for the 11:45 service today anyway so I could get to work in time...So I dropped the kids off, all packed and ready to spend the day with Daddy. Adam set up at Camp Adventure today for 170 or so of our middle-schoolers who will spend the week there learning about Jesus, and the kids got to hang out with him and the rest of the crew that's getting ready for a long, hard, sweaty, stinky, dirty, potentially rainy (hurricane), silly, crazy, eternally rewarding week at camp with (did I mention?) 170 or so middle school kids, all of whom will be given the opportunity to receive Christ this week. WOW.
I spent the day pushing scrapbooking supplies for a number of hours before sitting down with some DT friends for a little brainstorming session on classes at PIT. I may or may not have mentioned that I (along with several others) also teach classes at the store. I have to say one more time that those girls are a riot! I'm so lucky to be a part of that group, and especially to have them as friends. Good times. I'd love for you all (all 3 of you who occassionally read this) to have the chance to meet them. For now a picture will have to do.
Front Row, L-R: Michelle M. & Karla; 2nd Row: Jenny, Jeri (the rebel) & Keisha; 3rd Row: Jamie (creative genius), Michelle B., Patty & Jen; Back Row: Greta (the famous one), Me (the loud one) Anne & Freida.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment