Adam is on his way to Ohio at the moment to visit his sister Ellen, who's recovering from her recent surgery (not the one planned, but still requiring reovery). He'll be there overnight and most of the day tomorrow before heading back this way to pick us up and head Up North. We've got the rest of the week off, so we're taking the opportunity to squeeze in a little vacation. Of course, that's if you consider tent-camping a vacation! Fortunately, our family does! We're looking forward to a week of complete disconnect from all things representing work around here - both home and jobs. While somewhat annoying that we have absolutely NO cell phone service once we head north of Wausau, it'll also be a little refreshing, if you know what I mean. We'll be sleeping outside, cooking outside, playing outside, etc., including a decent amount of time spent on the lake. The kids are so excited, it's all I've been hearing about for the last couple of days. We head out tomorrow evening - counting on a 9-10 hour drive, we should get there sometime before sunrise. I can't wait!
Hope you have a great time! What lake?
ReplyDeleteHope you guys have a great time, you deserve some R and R after having 5 kids most of last week. We will miss you and I am sure my kids will be having withdrawl. See you when you get back!
ReplyDeleteAdam and Becky,
ReplyDeleteKnow that Merri and I and the Arts Staff here are praying for you guys (especially Adam) through this trying time with his sister. We love you guys !
have fun!!!
ReplyDeleteI seem to recall a "BLOG NEGLECT" on your sister's site... hmmm. Buckatobin is NO excuse!!! (and don't you dare say anything about MY blog. I HAVE a good excuse: a boring existence.)
ReplyDelete