Ok, after a fair amount of harassment for undue neglect of my blog...I'm back! Here's what my week looked like, in case you were wondering what in the world happened to me:
- Tuesday - Work day at Pages In Time. I report in promptly by 9:15 - right after stopping at Border's for my medium mocha. I'd get to work on time if Border's would only open a few minutes early, but alas, they won't open the doors until 9:00, even for me! I spend most of my day merchandising, organizing, selling, assisting, rearranging, moving, lifting, helping, answering, cashiering, counting, followed by a little shopping (chances are, after 8-9 hours spent at a scrapbooking store, I'm going to find something I "need!" This Tuesday after work Adam picked me up and we went to the McMullens to get the kids, to KFC with the McMullens, and then to the Verduins to introduce the kids to Alexis - they spent the vast majority of the time playing in the back yard, dangerously close to the highway...
- Wednesday - Another work day at PIT. More of the above. I also do some stocking, reordering, harassing of Mark (easily the highlight of my job), and more stocking. I really enjoy the work I do at the store - it's a very good fit for me. Just the right mixture of interaction with people and the lack thereof. While the vast majority of our customers are pleasant, happy people, there are too many (and they tend to coordinate their shopping days to ensure that they all come in on the same day) that aren't. There has been more than one occassion when I've felt the strong urge to remind someone that I am, in fact, a human being who was not necessarily born to take crap from crabby people. I digress...I spent Wednesday night at home with the kids while Adam was at work. Did some scrapbooking after the kids went to bed...
- Thursday - As I've mentioned before, this is my "day off." In all honesty, as Tammy and I have both discovered, it is often easier to have more kids than just your own. The theory behind this is that they all entertain each other, leaving us with a little more time of our own (which is often spent cleaning, or making lunch, or doing laundry...but at least we're doing those things without 1 or more children clinging to our legs, begging for us to entertain them!). The oldest 4 are usually off playing the majority of the time, and now that Tyler is crawling, he's exploring, feeling, pulling up, climbing up, tasting (yikes), and otherwise handling absolutely anything he can find. It's an amazing age, and he is truly a little boy, in every sense of the word! :) Thursday night I load the 5 kids into the van and we head to the mall for our gormet food court dinner (tradition!), which is quite an adventure with 4 very mobile children, before heading to New Community.
- Thursday night at New Community deserves it's own paragraph. Dr. Bob was ON! There are time when I sit there thinking that I'd seriously consider going back to school (did I seriously just say that?!) if it meant that I could just sit and absorb the unfathomable knowledge and understanding that this man has to share. And, man, does he share it! If I'd had even one professor, or even one teacher in my entire educational career with even half as much passion as he does, it really could have changed the way I viewed the entire process. The coolest part about him is that it is so evident that this knowledge and understanding doesn't just come from endless hours of studying and memorizing scripture and reading every book he can get his hands on (which I know he does). He is intimitely acquainted with my Savior, and you can see it and feel it when he teaches. It's personal.
- Friday - Slept til 11:00am. Adam works late on Thursdays, so he usually stays home for a little while on Friday mornings. This particular Friday he was home long enough to get the kids fed and into a movie, allowing me to sleep in - now that's a good man! Did some more laundry, scrapbooked a little, messed around the house and then got ready for work. I work at 4:00 on Friday afternoons, usually until the wee hours of the morning. PIT does a "crop" (when a bunch of women bring their own scrapbooking supplies to the store, hang out with friends, eat pizza, shop, and occassionally work on their stuff) every Friday from 5-11pm. However, we didn't have a crop yesterday due to the holiday, and also so we could set up for our "sidewalk" sale (which is actually inside the store...don't ask). So, the store closed at 9:00pm, Jeri and I closed, counted and cleaned for about 45 minutes, and then we dug in. When I got home at 5:30 this morning, the sun was already coming up and the birds were singing (which I would normally really enjoy, but when I know I haven't even gone to bed yet, that sound just ticks me off!).
So, that was my week...now you can relax. I am still out here!
No comments:
Post a Comment