Yes, I know it's Thursday. I had my hands full yesterday with a few very energetic preschoolers - I had Tammy and Daryl's 3 kids from Monday night until last night while Tammy is in Mexico and Daryl was working. Today I actually had the day off, and therefore, I have a project to share with you. I will also mention that it took me several hours to clean up my work space before I could even get started, so I'm just pleased that I got anything done at all.
This is a sneak peek at my DT assignment for this month - I'm on Technique of the Month and my team is doing "metal." Just to remind you, that means that we had to find unique and interesting ways to use metal in a scrapbook layout. Being that metals are one of my favorite scrapbooking embellishments, I was up for the challenge. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out for two reasons: 1. I had a vision for how I wanted to use the product and make the layout look with that product, and I actually succeeded in doing it, and 2. I feel like this is a particularly unusual scrapbook layout, which I enjoy doing every now and then. It really excites me when I hear someone comment about one of my layouts they see at PIT. Sometimes I'll hear, "Wow, that's cool," but I especially like it when I hear, "I would never do that!" (said with a scoul on their face) Sometimes I just like to push people out of their comfort zone and show them that they can think outside the box a little - use patterned paper, use bright and wild colors, throw away those decorative-edged scissors and shape templates! You can do it!!
And finally, here you go...thanks for looking!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment