Friday, September 30, 2005

The update

Ok, so the last time you really heard from me was last week on Monday. Wasn't a good day. Was pretty sure the world was coming to an end by this time last week. We're still here.

Tuesday was, of course, a workday. My heart wasn't in it. I remember getting stuff done. I remember talking to people...I think maybe I worked with Freida. Or maybe it was Katie. I don't know.

Tuesday Night - Taught a class at the store. Drama rehearsal. Now is the time when I'll mention that the drama for this last weekend involved me giving another girl CPR on stage. Including mouth-to-mouth. Not only did this make for interesting rehearsals for the rest of the week, but I'm fairly sure she and I will both suffer from ulcers in the future due to the excessive nature in which we consumed breath mints all week. Good thing Allison and I get along well.

Wednesday - more work.

Wednesday Night - took 4 kids to AWANA. That's always fun.

Thursday - kids. Lots of them. Not as many in the morning, but by dinner they multiply exponentially.

Thursday Night - New Community. Good. Sad. Dr. Bob was awesome, as usual. Jason rocked, as usual. More drama rehearsal after the service. Not great. Tense. Emotional. Awkward. Difficult. Aggrivating. I love drama, but that was probably the hardest rehearsal I've ever had.

Friday - Worked on a scrapbook project for a little bit. Messed around. Ran errands.

Friday Night - Worked. Late. Got in bed around 3-ish. Adam had cleaned the house - now that's a nice surprise to come home to.

Saturday - Slept in. Drama rehearsal.

Saturday Night - Two services. Did mouth-to-mouth on Allison if front of about 1700 people. The service was about loss and lonliness - very appropriate timing. Heard there was quite a response to the arts/message package. In the drama, my attempts at CPR are unsucessful and "Brittany" dies, with her mom by her side. Mark talked about the pain of losing a child, whether it be through miscarriage, abortion, or whatever, and what that does to a parent. Apparently several women were impacted enough by this that they had to leave the service for a while. It's amazing to be a part of something that was so meaningful, and hopefully helpful, to even a handful of people. Kind of explains why rehearsals were so rough this week, huh? After last service, met friends at Pablo's (in my make-up - now THAT was funny!) and then hung out at Starbucks until 1:30am. Not smart.

Sunday - To church by 7:30 to reapply make-up, etc. Three services. More mouth-to-mouth. Added bonus: Allison started using lip gloss! Took a cast picture - all of us with our "wounds" and torn up clothes. Hopefully I'll have that to share with you soon. Short nap. Hang out with kids.

Sunday Night - Take kids to Lifeline (childcare) so I can go tape week 4's drama in the Stevens' backyard. To sum this up without giving too much away - hot fire, to which we had to sit too close; rain; running; screaming; more rain; falling and screaming while soaking wet. It was a great night - 5.5 hours (for me - some were there longer) of taping...in the dark, in the rain.

Monday - Beginning of ICC week - will see Adam again next Monday. Yes, he's in town, but let's just say that he's got an air matress at work this week, "just in case." Seriously. Get kids off to school, ran to work to get tomorrow's class supplies, pick Abby up, prep for class. Jacob home, homework done, haircut and bath (for him).

Monday Night - Katie came over to watch FOUR KIDS so Jacob and I could go to Goshen and film a TV commercial with some drama friends. It was WAY fun - and Jacob is totally geeked about the possibility of seeing himself on TV. Home around 9. Prepped for class until 1:30am.

Tuesday - Work.

Tuesday Night - Taught my class at the store.

Wednesday - Work.

Wednesday Night - Kids to AWANA. Start to memorize this weekend's script - a monologue. And not a short one, either.

Thursday - Kids. Drama script.

Thursday Night - New Community - met Charlie Hall (way cool!) who led worship. Quite the gotee he's got going on there. Learned an awesome new (to me) worship song..."Wanna go where You go, love what You love..." About 3/4 of the way through the service I realized that I FORGOT to tape the season premiere of ALIAS, which I've only been waiting to see for about four months!! I'm in AGONY over this - I haven't been able to locate a single person who taped last night's episode! Come on - anyone??

Friday - Got Jacob up for the bus, got Abby up and dressed, drove over to Debbie Mann's for a little trim (man, I hate growing my hair out!!) and now here I am. Consider yourself caught up!

2 comments:

  1. Nobody watched "ALIAS"? That should tell you something....

    "Lost" fan-Corey Mann

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what you can do with that comment.

    ReplyDelete