Sunday, September 4, 2005

Change of plans

The drama I was scheduled to be in this weekend was cancelled. The pastor, Mark Beeson, decided to go another direction with the "sermon" in light of hurricane Katrina. A few thoughts might pop into your head at this particular moment:

  1. Bummer - I was really looking forward to a funny Jeopardy-parody-type drama.
  2. Wow - that really stinks, in light of all the hard work, time, effort and energy Becky put into getting ready for this weekend.
  3. They couldn't have figured that out earlier in the week? I mean, after all, the hurricane happened on Monday!
  4. Who gives a rip?? Drama's for losers!

Ok, no matter if you fall into one of those categories or not, here's what you need to know:

I am SO proud of my church! I can't believe how lucky I am to be a part of a huge body of believers that feels strongly enough about the suffering of other people that we actually take time out of our regular lives to acknowledge that something is happening out there that is bigger than us. I can't believe that I get to say that MY church partnered with Feed the Children and sent scores of semi-trucks full of food and supplies to the survivors of the hurricane before the week was even out! I'm proud that we are a church that practices what is preached - that we don't "play" church - we ARE the church, and when something like this happens - whether it's here in the U.S. or on the other side of the world - we DO something about it. I can't believe that I get to be a part of something like that!

9 comments:

  1. By the way, it looks like you've been infected with blog spammers... or are these people that post their ads on your blog personal friends of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah - i just changed my settings so that you have to do a word verification to comment - hopefully that will take care of the problem. Stupid spammers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! I am a part of the band and I know that things would run through my head, but the big picture is definitely those in need. Thanks for being inspiring to other members at GCC

    ReplyDelete
  4. You rock Beck, I am so glad to be doing life with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at it this way - you're ready for it when you can do it in the future!

    ReplyDelete