
I decoupaged the letters and the wood blocks with Sweetwater papers and cardstock letters. I distressed the blocks - they look pretty cool IRL. I've started the blocks for Jacob's room, but not the big letters - they take forever!
Anyway, later in the evening Adam and I went out for our date night - we ate a one of the scariest chinese restaurants I've ever seen (I'm quite sure I spotted several blatant health code violations, and I don't even know what any are!) and then we went to the dollar theatre and caught Crash. It was pretty wild - I don't remember seeing many advertisements for it, and it definitely isn't a "feel good" kind of movie - but definitely thought-provoking and worth seeing, in my opinion. It's paradigm-shifting. It's rated R for good reason, so don't go taking your kids to see it (like the family sitting in front of us), but if you can handle a fair amount of cussing, some nudity, a little violence, and some other quality movie material, I recommend it highly. If you decide to see the movie and it offends you in any way, don't come crying to me about it - I gave you fair warning!
You used the word "decoupaged" and that is awesome.......now, what does it mean?
ReplyDeletep.s. I wasn't sleeping, I was resting my eyelids.
Really cool! But THIS is scrapbooking? Where's the book? For that matter, where's the scrap? Are you sure you aren't involved in "American Woodworking for Fun and Profit"? I am SOOOOO confused! (I know, I know. What's new?)
ReplyDeletecongrats...for the 2nd week in a row, Beeson has mentioned my blog at the staff meeting, and today he added yours as well.
ReplyDeleteHe made a funny...."usually it's all about scrapbooking..."
I have to admit that hearing that my SENIOR PASTOR has glanced over my blog, I'm tempted to go back and reread some of my posts to check for misspellings, grammatical errors, and other generally questionable information...
ReplyDeleteThen again, if he's reading yours, mine will be boring and tame in comparison. ;)