Ok, so I'm receiving harassing emails regarding the blatant neglect of my blog. My apologies. Things have been a little busy around here. Let's see...since last Thursday:
- Friday I went to the Kenny Chesney concert in Indy with a few of my friends from work. It was great, even if we couldn't quite see who it was that was actually on stage without the assistance of the very large projection screens on either side of the pavillion. Gretchen Wilson opened - it was pretty cool (despite the fact that we sat STILL in the parking lot for at least an hour waiting for traffic to make it's way out, then drove ALL THE WAY home to SB, arriving at 3am, and that I lost a contact lens at the concert and drove with one hand over my left eye the majority of the way home so I could track the lane lines...)
- Saturday I took a little nap (big surprise, right?) and hung out at home with the kids.
- Sunday we went to church and cleaned up around the house. That takes a lot longer than it sounds.
- Monday I helped out in the lunch room at Jacob's school - now that's an educational experience! First graders being responsible for their own lunches is a pretty entertaining thing. Took Abby to the eye doctor in the afternoon (she loves Dr. Tom and watching Nemo while he checks her eyes!) and then made a quick trip to Walmart. Always a great time. Put the kids bunk beds back together - an experiment in parental patience and sanity. I'll have to let you know how that goes.
- Tuesday I went back to work - did more rearranging, stocking, pricing, cashiering, etc. The usual. Filled my gas tank @ $2.79 a gallon, which now looks like a real bargain, and then went to drama rehearsal - about 2 hours of solid, non-stock laughter. Butch Whitmire is one of the all time funniest people I've ever had the pleasure of meeting - and Aaron and Mark are pretty stickin funny in their own right, so I spent most of rehearsal laughing rather than saying my lines. (Sorry Kristin!)
- Wednesday was another work day, more of the same. Moved more displays than I have any desire to ever do again, and basically wore out my deordorant by noon. It was a great, manual labor kind of a day. From work I went home, had some dinner and watched coverage of the chaos in New Orleans before picking the kids up from Awana. Brought them home, put them to bed and waited for Adam to get home from work so I could head back in to work for the late-night stocking shift. Anne and I made some serious progress from 10pm-3am - no customers to harass us while we're trying to get stuff done. Anne, we're going to need to talk about that music selection though...next time, it's MY turn to provide the cds!
There you have it - you are now caught up with the Callenders. At least with me. And a little bit with the kids. If you see Adam, let me know what he's up to, okay? I might run into him tonight between church and drama rehearsal...and then again on Friday before I go to work, maybe. I should see him on Saturday...of course, he'll be working, and I'll be drama-ing. Oh well, maybe next week!
I don't know how you do it Becky!!!
ReplyDeleteThank God you blog...I didn't know where you were for a week!
ReplyDeleteBy the way, Adam has been here with us on the beach this past week.
ReplyDelete