Monday, March 3, 2008

Things I learned at my pre-lasik appointment today...

  1. I'm going to have to wear goggles when I sleep for a whole WEEK!
  2. Getting my eyes dilated makes me woozy.
  3. Boling is very thorough. I must have had every type of eye exam known to man! (which is good, since they'll be laser-ing my eyes in a few days!)
  4. Jacob's teacher, Mrs. Jonik, and I are having the procedure done on the same day.
  5. I'll only have to have my eyelids stuck open for a few minutes. Good news.
  6. I have to use 3 different types of eye drops concurrently for the next week or so. I'm going to look like an eye drop junkie.
  7. I'll be able to see (not perfectly, but SEE nonetheless) when I leave the procedure room!
  8. They're going to give me Valium before the procedure to mellow me out, and then a sleeping pill afterward to make me take a nap when I get home. Bonus!
  9. It's difficult to read/write emails while your eyes are still dilated. Hope the spell-check is working well.
  10. I may be light-sensitive for a while after the procedure. Sounds like I'm going to need some nice, new sunglasses!
  11. I'm really looking forward to this all being over and being able to SEE!

1 comment:

  1. All the best w/ your procedure!!! If you get a chance, could you email me your mom's address??
    Thanks a bunch and good luck!!
    I hope to have that done one day!!
    S:)
    shaz@cox.net

    ReplyDelete