Sunday, March 23, 2008

Another nightmare/sleepwalking event tonight. Wondering if I'm way off on my estimated average... Is it happening even more often than I realize?? Tonight was a little different because she came downstairs and actually talked. She said, "I love you mommy" as she climbed into my lap, and then said it again, "I love you mommy." That's it. Watching her closely tonight I also realized that there are also other things that she regularly does during these episodes - there's a lot of twitching and other movements. Her eyes flutter, she yawns (mentioned that before), she scratches her skin all over... Very strange.

Remember the picture frame Abby carried downstairs on Friday night? She found it in the kitchen on Saturday morning (where I left it after taking her back up to bed) and was all offended that someone had taken it out of her room! She says, "HEY! What is my picture frame doing in the kitchen??" I told her that she brought it downstairs with her the night before and she thought I was messing with her. She had NO memory of it whatsoever.

2 comments:

  1. Sleep walking isn't all that uncommon. And, from what I've read, people can do all sorts of things while sleep walking and never remember doing them. I'm certainly no doctor, but unless you have other concerns or suspect something else is going on, I'd just be sure that her environment is safe when she does sleepwalk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother would get up and re-arrange his entire room...and then the next morning, blame me!!! Rest assured she will outgrow it...but it is a little disturbing!!

    ReplyDelete