Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Oh my goodness, I am seriously falling behind on this whole "keeping up the blog" thing! Seriously, how hard is it?!? Part of the problem, I will say, is that I don't feel like we've had a whole lot of exciting stuff going on around here lately. But there's still been stuff, and here it is:

Thursday - Home cleaning up until the kids got back from school. Homework and then to the mall for dinner with the McMullens, the Ruths, Mom, Katie, Steve and his girls. Quite a crew! After dinner the kids and I went over to the McMullens (with Debbie) to watch the season premier of LOST, which was INCREDIBLE!! We had loads of fun trying to figure out the mysteries, codes, secrets and plots. I can't WAIT to see where they take this show! JJ Abrams is a genius.

Friday - Another totally unnecessary snow day! Adam hung out with the kids for a while before meeting Tam and handing them off for the rest of the day. The kids got to spend time with their friends, playing in the snow, while I worked (bummer). Picked the kids up after and headed home for the night.

Saturday - Got up EARLY to meet Julie at work and drive downtown to do a short spot on WSBT about scrapbooking - specifically MEN scrapbooking (about things like football/Super Bowl, etc. - yeah, right!). I was back home by 8am and Jacob was already up and playing video games. Fed the kids and got them ready for ice skating. Adam took them so that I could go to work (another extra shift to go into "the fund"), and afterward they went to McDonald's for lunch with the McMullen's and Papa, and then back to the McMullen house so Adam could go to work. I picked them up and got them home for baths before dinner with the gang at Fazoli's and church. Rob talked about injustice and what we as a church are doing about injustices that are occurring locally, regionally and internationally. It really got me thinking about getting back to India soon... Afterward it was back to the McMullen's for some hanging out and to discuss the book we've been reading as a group - Sex God, by Rob Bell. Lots of heated discussion on these chapters, but man, it was fun!

Sunday - SLEPT TIL NOON (shameful, I know!) and then got up and made lunch for the kids and me (Adam was at work). Then we went grocery shopping - which might be the stupidest thing to do on Super Bowl Sunday! We did survive it, however, and got home in time to make some brownies and stuff for the get-together at the McMullen's that night (I'm starting to think that we should probably just move into their basement, as much time as we spend there!). The Verduins, Ruths, Leah Hudson, Jami's brother, Matt, Fred (papa) and I, along with our respective children, descended on their house for pizza around 5:30. After dinner, the men took over the family room and the big-screen HDTV, the kids went down in the basement to play, and the women took the kitchen. Adam got thereGreat conversation - had too much fun, and didn't see a single play of the game! Stayed WAY too late. Again.

Monday - Adam got the kids up and out for school - I slept in, again. Typical day off for me. Adam worked for a little while. Kids got home from school, did homework and then packed up for ice skating. From there we took the kids to the McMullen's for a double-date night - Amanda needed some $$ and was practically harassing me to babysit, so we let her! Tam, Daryl, Adam and I went to Outback for dinner, walked Barnes & Noble, had a mudslide at Hacienda (yum!), and went to CVS to grab some medicine for Ty and to get my passport photos taken (THAT was fun!) in preparation for the big trip in April. Good night with great friends.

Tuesday - Kids up and out to school, me to work. Things are exceptionally slow as we enjoy the calm before the storm. I leave, with Julie and Jeri, for California on Saturday and our biggest tradeshow of the year. Get to spend some serious money, and none of it mine. Now that IS fun!! Anyway, got home in time to get the kids off the bus. Homework was done quickly because Adam had big plans for the kids - tickets to the Hannah Montana 3-D Concert Movie Extravaganza with the McMullens! I stayed home and got some work done while the kids went out and had some serious fun with their dad. Good stuff. Home, dinner, bedtime.

Wednesday - (today) Work. Came home, homework, got the kids ready for ice skating. Adam took the kids to skating and I went back in to work (yet another extra shift!). Long day. About 12 work hours total. Ready to crash.

2 comments:

  1. Although I'm sure you look great, your passport pictures are more than likely SUB standard! CVS, geez, what an insult! CVS has this "terrorist" tint they add to their photos. It sounds crazy, I know, but that's because, well, I'm crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Young Becky is here:

    http://birdman1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete