I've scheduled my Lasik procedure! I go for my pre-screening on my birthday - Monday, March 3rd, and then my procedure is on Friday the 7th. I am both excited out of my mind, and very nervous. I've been wanting to have this done for YEARS!! In order for my eyes to be ready for the exam and procedure, I have to go without my contacts for 2 weeks, and that means that I take my contacts out for the very last time TONIGHT. I'm not looking forward to wearing glasses for 2.5 weeks, but I know it's going to be worth it.
Man, it just occurred to me that I won't be able to see when I'm getting ready in the morning... Try wearing glasses in the shower. Try shaving your legs while half blind. Try putting on make-up with glasses in the way... But again, it's going to be worth it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so jealous! But I had no idea you have to go without contacts for so long!
ReplyDeleteI completely understand how much glasses get in the way...hence the reason why no one ever really sees me in mine :)
I thought I was the only person who was so blind without glasses/contacts that it was hard to shave my legs and put on makeup. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! And congratulations on your Lasik!
ReplyDeleteWe'll be prayin' for ya!
ReplyDeleteMy best friend's (you remember Mark Lewis?) wife had it done and it was a piece of cake. She LOVES the results. I'm sure you will, too.