Thursday, February 14, 2008

New Community


The message at New Community tonight was so unbelievably incredible, I just have to tell you about it. We're in the middle of a series on the 10 Commandments, and Jason Miller talked tonight about #6 - Do not murder. Like he said - at first glance, that may not seem critically important or relevant to the average person. But he talked about how anger can be just as dangerous:
21"You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, 'Do not murder,[a] and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother[b]will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca,[c]' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell. (Matthew 5:21-22).
It's not a new concept - I'm familiar with that passage. Jason's message, however, is what was so phenomenal. I can't stop thinking about it - and I hope I don't for a while.

If you didn't get to hear the message, you'll be able to find it here. It's not up yet, but it will be soon. It'll be free until next week, but after that you'll need to buy it. But trust me, it's worth every cent.

Oh, and keep in mind as you're watching that he's a 25 year old college student. You won't believe it. Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment