I was gone all weekend, but that didn't stop Adam from getting some serious work done on the house. I came home to these beautiful shutters! They make such a difference on the front of the house - I can't believe it! What an incredible surprise!! Nothing better than that. He also removed one of the (unused) satellite dishes from the roof of the house and patched a hole up there, so we shouldn't have a waterfall in the kitchen next time a thunderstorm rolls around. Pretty exciting. He also mowed the lawn. Busy guy!A couple weeks ago I planted some flowers in what will soon (hopefully) be a window box, (that's what's sitting on the sidewalk in front of the big windows in front of the house), and in a planter to sit next to the front door. Next should come some landscaping - bushes, flowers, rocks, etc., and fixing the downspout, some ground lighting, and the FRONT of the house should be about done. But then there's the backyard...
Guys, you talked about putting these up a while ago, and I thought, "Sure, shutters are good, but you don't really have to have them."
ReplyDeleteSilly me...it looks like a totally different house! Amazing what a few small projects (and not so small projects like the trees and stuff) can do to change the look and feel of a house.
Looks awesome!
Shutters. Wonderful things. We tried to have some put on our house. Six months after the initial deposit, they informed us that the type of shutters we wanted (Bahama style) wouldn't work on our type of siding. SIX MONTHS LATER!!! What, are they THAT slow minded? Did it take them THAT long to realize what BOOBS they are???!!!
ReplyDeleteOkay, I'm ranting now....
Hi, you don't know me, but I looked at your slide show and I saw my designs on there for the CHA, I did the Karen Foster Design layouts, sleepover, Christmas, pets, school, pirate, thankyou for letting me see what they were like.
ReplyDeleteBest wishes all the way from Aussie
Carole Janson
ooooh, pretty!!! I love them!
ReplyDeleteBecky!
ReplyDeleteYour house looks great!