Sunday, July 16, 2006

Weekend Update

A few things going on around here lately:

  • Friday was a work day, so nothing all that special to report there. However, that evening was family night. We've started what is quickly becoming a weekly tradition - dinner at China One. Our kids LOVE the buffet! Jacob LOADS up on fried shrimp and Abby loves egg drop soup and sweet and sour chicken, but mostly they love the ice cream for dessert!
  • Saturday was Venetian, and we did something unusual this year. Tammy, Jami, Mom and I drove up to St. Joe in the early afternoon to make a half-day of the thing. We did a lot of talking, eating, a little swimming and sunbathing, and mostly just enjoying each other's company. It was really a PERFECT day, and my BFF says it was. The weather was beautiful, despite being 90+ degrees, and Adam, Daryl and the Verduins joined us just in time for the fireworks. Incredible.
  • Today was a hot, lazy day. We stayed inside and took advantage of the air conditioning. The kids started VBS tonight at Grace Church. It's the same place where the kids go to AWANA, and they do their VBS every year with excellence. Tonight we walked in the doors and immediately found ourselves underwater. It was amazing. Translucent blue plastic covered the ceilings, the walls were decorated with fish and other seacreatures, and the floors were marked with a treasure map. The kids learned more about Jesus because those people cared enough to love them well and spend their time, energy and money showing them that Jesus loves them and their friends.
  • A benefit of the kids being at VBS for 2 hours tonight is that Adam and I had some time alone. We got to go out and grab dinner, do a little shopping, and just hand out together. Very cool. Almost makes you think that those wonderful people at Grace might have planned that, scheduling their events in the evening like that!

Tomorrow we start swimming lessons again - the kids are geeked about it, and I'm pretty excited, too.

Thursday I leave for our Summer trade show, CHA-S and I get to spend a lot of someone else's money buying things that I will eventually get to display in and buy from our store. Lots of fun, LOTS of hard work, very little sleep. It'll be great. I'll need a few days off when I get home just to recover!

It'll be a good week - I'll keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment