Friday, March 3, 2006

3/3/06

Well, today I turned 33. Overall, it was a good day. I got to sleep in until about 9, got up and ready at my leisure with the house all to myself. Left the house around 10 and headed to pick up the biggest mocha I could carry and headed to the BMV. Not the best place to spend time on your birthday, but alas, a necessity for me. Not that I'm usually concerned with the occasional traffic violation - an expired license wouldn't normally bother me for a short period of time - but I also need to get a copy of a lost title. Long story. Anyway, after an almost painless hour and a half at the BMV, I walked out with a receipt, a new driver's license, and a decent caffeine buzz. From there I went straight to PIT to get some scrapbooking done. Nice relaxing way to spend my birthday - relaxing and spending some time doing something I enjoy. Got a few more pages done in my Disney album (the same one I started on that scrapbooking retreat a couple of weeks ago...getting near the end!) and one sample page for the store (a mini version of my tomato soup one to put near the product and help it sell). Tam (the best friend anyone could every have) dropped the kids off at the store (they all sang "Happy Birthday" and delivered some of the best birthday presents I can remember getting in recent history!! Couldn't be more excited!!). After I packed everything up, the kids and I headed home to meet Adam, who arrived shortly after we did and immediately began making dinner (love that!). The kids planned the rest of the evening - the air mattress got inflated and thrown in front of the TV so we could all lay down together and watch a movie of Abby's choice - Snow White. There was a lot of giggling, a lot of shifting and getting comfortable, a little passing of gas (love how they have to announce that, too!), and a lot of cuddling. No better way to spend a birthday, in my opinion!

3 comments:

  1. Okay. So I'm a LOUSY uncle for not remembering your birthday! Well,

    HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!

    I remeber all the excitement when you were born... but we're WAY over it now....

    Seriously, happy birthday! I really wish we could be there to take you to dinner... or better yet, you could be here and we could take you to dinner on the beach! Keep going' the way you're goin'. You're doin' GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got to spend your day doing JUST what you wanted to do! Sounds like you had a great one!!!!

    Patty

    ReplyDelete