This weekend I went away with some of my DT friends from the store: Jamie, Greta, Michelle Burry, Karla, Freida, Keisha and Jen to a Bed & Breakfast-type place called Crop-A-Doodle-Do (don't ask me - I didn't name the place!) to do some serious scrapbooking and, mainly, to just relax and have a good time. We left on Friday morning and drove down to the Indy area, stopping first at a nice little scrapbooking store in Noblesville, Scrapbook Corner. From there we went directly to the B&B to get checked in and get to work. They had a great room attached to the house all set up just for scrapbookers, complete with tons of different tools we could use, etc. Of course, we all brought enough with us that we never had to touch any of their stuff - in fact we could have opened a small store in there by the time we were done!
We spent Friday night hanging out, scrapbooking and EATING (we did a LOT of that throughout the weekend!). Saturday, more of the same and a massage on top of it. Nothing better than that!! Sunday, we did a little work in the morning, but then packed up and got ready to head out to do a little eating and shopping in Indy. We ate at P.F. Chang's - YUM!! and the visited another little scrapbook store, Scrapbook Xanadu, and then headed over to the Fasion Mall in Keystone. For the record, I can't afford to shop there! Once we were finished, we headed for home.
All in all, I got 12.5 pages done (!!) in my Disney book (yes, that trip was almost 2 years ago) which is a HUGE accomplishment for me. It was nice to sit and work on something that wasn't meant for display in the store. Less pressure maybe. Anyway, we all had a blast and would do it again in a heartbeat. I think the girls already started to discuss dates for our next visit...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you guys had fun! I wish I could have been there.
ReplyDelete