Monday, February 13, 2006

GREY'S ANATOMY - My new obsession

I have a new passion. Forget for a moment that what I'm about to refer to is TV and not actual reality. Forget that there are many, many more important things in life than a TV show. Forget that some of what you might see on this TV show goes against many of the morals and standards that I hold dear (afterall, it is TV, and let's not ignore the fact that we all enjoy the occassional entertainment endulgence that doesn't exactly portray how you would personally choose to live your life). Forget all of that.

What I want you to focus on, just for a moment, is the most incredible show to hit TV since Alias, since 24, since...I don't know, but just trust me when I say that Grey's Anatomy is the best show on TV right now. Keep in mind that I'm a huge fan of 24 - love it. Very exciting, very original with that whole real-time thing and the different camera angles and all of that. Very cool show.

But what makes Grey's Anatomy better is the writing. It's edgy, real, thoughtful and purposeful. It's unbelieveable. I've heard it compared to ER, back when it was in it's prime. But Grey's Anatomy is different - it's not really about the medical stuff. From ER I learned medical terminology that I have no right to know. What is a chem 7 anyway?? Grey's Anatomy, on the other hand, is almost strictly relational - it just happens to be set in a hospital.

This will be a series that I actually buy on DVD. I have a season pass on TIVO. I read a blog by the writers of the show. I know the characters' first and last names. I'm in. I'm hooked. Don't call my house on Sunday nights between 10 and 11pm. I won't answer. I'll turn off the ringer.

So now you know. I'm a sick, sick person. Deal with it.

4 comments:

  1. Don't give me that "I watch but don't agree" crap! I know better. I used to claim that about Bugs Bunny cartoons, too, but who hasn't wanted to substitute that occassional anvil for a parachute on someone just for laughs? Hmmm?

    Deny all you want, baby, just don't forget who you're talkin' to...

    ReplyDelete
  2. okay, okay - you got me!! i've secretly wanted to run off to seattle, go to med school, and save the lives of every sick and ailing person within a 50 mile radius, all while participating in a love triangle with a married man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHHHH, HAAAA!

    (I don't know what that means exactly, but it seemed appropriate.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You don't want to know what a Chem 7 is believe me. Now a Chem 17 That's different. Do an operation and remove the passion from those medical shows and for me it's just plain work. I don't go there unless they pay me..a lot...plus overtime..

    ReplyDelete