Wednesday, January 4, 2006

We have returned!

Well, we're back to life as usual - work and all. There's nothing like a week off to make you think about how nice it would be to not have to go back. Ahhh, to win the lottery. Anyway, we had a great trip and were really glad to have the time away. The kids spent time in the pool everyday, and they were very reluctant to leave that luxury behind. Nothing like an 85 degree indoor pool all to yourself whenever you want it, not to mention the hot tub. Jacob has become quite a swimmer - he'll launch himself from the side of the pool into the water and swim to the nearest adult, or to the side of the pool - no floaties or anything! Abby is still flotation-device dependent, but basically fearless. She was begging Adam and I to "play catch" with her in the pool - using her as the "ball!" Adam would pick her up and throw her in my direction...under she'd go, I'd grab her arm (or whatever I could reach) and up she'd pop, giggling and spitting water. Amazing.

Our flight back from Omaha to Chicago was interesting. First of all, my cousin Jeff and his new bride Faith were on the same flight as us, so we all got to sit together. Unfortunately for Faith, she's terrified of flying and the first part of the experience was a little rough. She was very brave though - no screaming or cursing, just a little crying and some drinking - and she made it through ok, despite the fact that we had decent turbulence coming into Illinois. It was rough by my standards, so I'm sure Faith was having some serious doubts. Fortunately for all of us, we landed just before the hail storm hit Chicago - that could have been ugly.

Nothing like coming back from a week out of town, lugging 6 suitcases of dirty laundry, and having to go right to work the next day. Adam was great and did a huge amount of it on Tuesday (his last day off), but the house is a wreck. Something to look forward to for tomorrow, I guess.

Between Christmas, Adam's birthday, traveling on the 27th, constant activity during our visit, the rehearsal dinner, the wedding, New Year's, Abby and I coming down with Strep, swimming everyday, and the trip home...the last 10 days have been a flurry of activity. We have completely worn our kids out. They are probably going to be happy to have school start back up so they can get some rest! Jacob slept FIFTEEN HOURS the night we got home!! 5:30pm-8:30am!! I still can't believe it! I just wish I had a chance to do the same!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back beckie!! I hope we serve on a weekend together again soon, I miss ya :)

    ReplyDelete