Thursday, August 11, 2005

Thursday

  • Woke up - my kids, 2 of them
  • 8:30 - McMullen kids, 3 of them
  • 9:00 - Holt kids, 2 of them - that's a total of 7
  • 9:30 - Tyler and Tori down for naps
  • 10:00 - Tori finally falls asleep - down to 5
  • Noon - woke Tyler up and fed him lunch
  • 12:25 - started lunch for "big" kids
  • 12:30 - woke Tori up and fed her lunch
  • 12:35 - Julie (the boss) calls to talk business, forget about macaroni noodles on stove
  • 12:45 - macaroni noodles officially overcooked, start lunch over
  • 1:00 - fed big kids Chef Boyardee spaghetti and meatballs - big hit!
  • 1:15 - changed 3 diapers
  • 1:30 - naptime for Tyler, Tori, Adia and Rachel
  • 2:00 - Tori finally falls asleep
  • 2:30 - I realize that I left my clean clothes in my room with 2 sleeping children and I, therefore, cannot shower during naptime as planned
  • 3:00 - Tori decides (passionately) that she's done with her nap
  • 3:30 - Jessica arrives to pick up Holt kids
  • 4:00 - Adia, Tyler and Rachel awake, change one of the nastiest diapers I've seen in a long time, Jessica stays to watch kids so I can shower without anyone killing or injuring themselves or others (Thanks Jess!)
  • 4:30 - Jess, Adia and Tori leave
  • 5:00 - Tammy calls - she's on her way - all kids sent to the bathroom and to put shoes on
  • 5:30 - We all pile in Tammy's van (mine was in the shop today) and head to the mall for dinner before church (remember, it's tradition!)
  • 5:45 - arrive at the food court
  • 6:30 - leave the disaster area we've created and head for church
  • 7:00 - collapse, exhausted, into my seat
  • 8:30 - retrieve my children, make way to van (with a few detours along the way)
  • 9:00 - retrieve Bruce from the Mann's house
  • 9:30 - kids in bed with teeth brushed, jammies on
  • 10:00 - collapse in chair, eat chocolate - and lots of it!
  • 10:30 - BLOG!

4 comments:

  1. 8:45pm - an abrasive threat yelled from a Red Jeep Cherokee that sounded like "$10,000 or the fish dies!" and then realizes 6 year olds don't have the same sense of humor as 35 year olds so the whole "death" threat probably didn't go over well. Oops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8:46pm - I begin "the talk" regarding death and what happens when people die, and what happens when fish die..."No honey, Bruce wouldn't go to heaven 'cuz animals don't go to heaven." "No honey, we'd never see him again." "I don't know why Mr. Corey would say such a hurtful and scary thing."

    HA! Just kidding! He didn't even hear you, ya' nut!

    And for the record, I really hope that there will be animals in heaven. At least some of them. Pets, anyway. No insects. Especially no arachnids. Then it wouldn't be heaven. That would be hell.

    ReplyDelete
  3. NO ANIMALS IN HEAVEN???!!! NO ONE EVER TOLD ME!!!! I won't see Misty, Shannon, Sylvia? This is just too much. JUST TOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  4. By the way, if anyone EVER tells you to "get a life", you have every right to kill them.

    ReplyDelete