Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Well, that's it. It's happened. He's on the bus and on his way to school. First Grade. Last year at this time I was teary-eyed. This year, I'm grinning ear to ear. Don't get me wrong - when the alarm went off at 6:30 this morning, I hit the snooze with my usual amount of passion. However, once I got up and realized that Jacob was already dressed, had re-checked his backpack, and was starting to get his own breakfast, a huge grin came across my face. Fun kid. We got his cereal, which he was suddenly too full to eat (too many butterflies in there maybe?), and had some TV time (helped him relax a little) while I packed his lunch. Put "the note" in there and everything (had to keep it simple so he could actually read it - "I love you Jacob - Have fun at school!"). I made sure we had all of his forms signed and in the backpack, along with drink money, t-shirt money, etc. (The $150 worth of book fees will have to wait.)

I can't wait to pick him up from the bus stop and hear all about his first day!

1 comment:

  1. Your experience sounds like ours with Jessica... but when she went to COLLEGE (I know, pitifull). The first time all teary-eyed, the second time: PARTY HARDY MARTY!!!

    ReplyDelete