So on my way home from my all-nighter at PIT, I stopped at Krispy Kreme (where else would one go at that time of the morning??) and picked up a dozen to bring home. Thought it would make a nice surprise for the kids when they woke up in the morning. What I didn't expect was Jacob meeting me at the door at 7am - and it took him no time at all to dig in. He's a big fan of the chocolate iced. I personally prefer the original. Abby's all about the sprinkles, while Adam sticks with his standard - creme filled, chocolate iced. At least I know nobody is going to steal mine since they're the "plain and boring" ones. Anyway, Jacob and I sat up at 7am eating Krispy Kremes together and watching the Today show. Can't think of the last time I'd done that. I had almost forgot that show was on, being that I avoid seeing the light of day at that hour at all cost. Nevermind the fact that in 48 hours, I'll be up at this time again, getting ready to put Jacob on the school bus.
By the time 8:00 hit, I was fading fast, so I crawled in bed and was out like a light. Sometime around 11 I awoke to the sound of a nearby lawn tractor. Like, right under my bedroom window, nearby. Adam's wakeup call? So I stumble out of bed and sit, zombie-like, in the recliner watching Freaky Friday (not a bad flick, I'm embarassed to say) with the kids until around 1pm. Lunch time. More hanging around the house. Grocery shopping (I went to Walmart looking like death warmed over, so I fit right in). Then date night.
Adam and I saw Cinderella Man at the dollar theatre. WOW. You know the movie had to be goo for a couple of reasons: (1. It's about a boxer, and I still like it, and (2. I have now been awake 33 of the last 36 hours and I'm not even dozing. It was absolutely incredible. Russell Crowe and what's her name (I know it, I just can't think of it at the moment) did some phenomenal acting in that movie. Wow. See it. If you've already seen it, see it again. I will.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
one thing we miss is the $1 theater! We don't have ANYTHING like that out here.
ReplyDelete