I'm not as young as I used to be. That's the conclusion I've reached through my weekend experience. Sad. There was a time when I could pull an all-nighter and be (almost) completely unfazed. Not anymore.
I took 2 naps on Sunday. I picked up the kids from the McMullen's around 8:30, took them home, gave them food (they'd already had breakfast, but I didn't want them getting hungry again anytime soon!), set them in front of the TV (call CPS now) and told them to take turns picking movies until I woke up. Sad.
Monday we packed the family up and headed up to Holland for a visit with Ellen, Marissa, Megan (again, we missed Rick - darn job!) and Grace. We had a great time - took a nice walk in the warm (or hot) sunshine. Ellen's doing remarkably well, considering all the challenges she faces on a moment to moment basis. For a multitude of reasons (one of which being the tumor itself) her left leg is swollen to about twice it's normal size and she has great difficulty moving it. This, however, doesn't keep her from getting around with her walker (her balance isn't great because of that leg). She's also not sleeping well and is in constant pain. Despite all of this (and more) she's incredibly positive and determined to meet this challenge head-on. Please keep her in your prayers - we're asking for a miracle! Marissa is also doing great - she's just like any other 9 year old - running after their puppies and playing with the kids. What a cutie! And a huge helper for her mom.
Monday night I had a meeting with the Drama Writing Team to brainstorm for an upcoming series at church, while Adam stayed home with the kids - including the McMullens (their week for a date night). Good man. After I got home we hung out with the McMullens for a while when they came to get the kids, then Adam and I stayed up and watched Anchorman (hysterical! but definitely not for kids. or even teens. though they would disagree with me...) until 2AM! Stupid.
Tuesday I worked again and had the wonderful privilege of clearancing all of our old cardstock, moving the old cardstock racks, setting up the racks for the new cardstock, and stocking the new cardstock. I also taught my beginners class - Scrapbooking 101. I was at PIT from 9am-midnight. So much for catching up on sleep.
Today is Wednesday. I worked again. Put out more cardstock, moved TONS of stuff around, stocked a lot, put out new product, and generally just exhausted myself. The store may look entirely different by next week. Yay, fun. Tomorrow...kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad you're into recovery... shouldv'e been there years ago. Oh wait, that's your sister....
ReplyDeleteLove ya!
ReplyDelete