Thursday, August 18, 2005

Another recent scrapbooking project...

This is another one that I did for PIT for the Product Challege (5 products, 3 scrapbookers). We were required to use the paper, the paint, the acrylic stamps, the metal photo corners and the twill/ribbon and, for a change, put the page on a canvas! That means, instead of going inside one of my albums (someday...) it will hang on a wall in my home. It was to have a "family" theme, and this was what I came up with:

There's a funny story behind the family picture: This project was due at the end of June to be displayed in the store for the month of July. So, I'd struggled with the idea of what to do for this project for most of the month of June. I finally decided on the above idea, but I needed an up-to-date family picture. Time was running out before my deadline, and I got sick! I never get sick! But I was desperate to get this picture so I could finish my project on time, so I had my sister come over one night after work to take the picture. I crawled of the couch and flopped myself in the shower. I literally didn't have enough energy to stand up, so I sat on the edge of the tub. It was sad. I sat in the bathroom and did my hair, etc., and then weakly stumbled outside for picture time. For those of you who know me well (and maybe even those of you who don't) you can probably tell that I just don't look quite like myself...ugg! I was SOOO sick! Anyway, got the picture, got the project done in time, and now I have a funny story to tell every time someone comes over to our house and comments on our family picture. Ahhh, the things I do in order to scrapbook. Anyway - enjoy, and thanks for looking!

4 comments:

  1. Love the picture! By the way, it sounds like this "scrapping" thang is getting WAY out of hand. I mean, I already know about your daughter's "room eviction". When will it all end? WHEN WILL IT ALL END???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She got her room back...I don't see what the big deal is...I mean, it's not like she was old enough to remember that she was kicked out of her room so that I could make myself a scrapbooking room. That is, unless someone were to tell her when she's older - WHICH NONE OF US IS GOING TO DO...RIGHT?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it....although you do look a little weak:)

    ReplyDelete