I'm not sure which wise person said that first, in reference to parenting, but that little piece of advice is right up there with "don't set the baby carrier on top of the car" and "don't let your child put small, round objects into any orifice of their body from which the object may not be removed."
Today was a "pick your battles" kind of a day - that became obvious when I announced that we were going to run some errands before meeting friends at Chic-Fil-A for lunch and Jacob approached me with a request to wear his Batman costume for the day. Envisioning a good deal of pointing and laughing on the part of every adult and most children we would come in contact throughout the day, I immediately answered, "No, babe, I don't think so. Besides, it's awfully hot for a Batman suit." His disappointment was obvious, so when he pleaded, "But mom, I really want to be Batman today!" what else could I do?? "Sure, kid - whatever you want."
So, to all the folks at Sam's Club and Chick-Fil-A who noticed a small, red-faced, sweaty boy in a thick, black Batman costume (complete with talking utility belt) with a HUGE smile on his face and thought, "What kind of mother would let her child leave the house looking like that?!" You know what you can do with that comment...(and if you can't figure it out, email me @...)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Becky,
ReplyDeleteYou absolutely did the RIGHT thing!! In fact I feel the same way EVERYDAY! My Mohawk man Griffin.....Plus they look so cute anyway!! Love the batman pic...Who cares if EVERY person stares or makes comments...if the kid is happy...MOM is happy! :O)
BECKY,
ReplyDeleteTHIS IS TO CUTE, YOU ABSOLUTELY SHOULD HAVE MADE EVERYONES DAY BY PUTTING A SMILE ON THERE FACE WITH YOUR SWEET LITTLE BATMAN SON. I WOULD HAVE LOVED SEEING IT! I REMEMBER THE GIRLS DID THE CINDERELLA OUTFIT TO A STORE CANT REMEMBER WHICH ONE!
FRE