Thursday, June 23, 2005

Summer Fun!

I'm happy to say that I've been cutting back the hours spent at work, now that school is out, and finding some really fun ways to spend time with my kids. A couple of months back I signed the kids up for swimming lessons at Penn High School. It was a decent investment of time, energy and $$, but I'd heard great things about the program and knew it was something the kids would benefit from, so we dove in! (Pun fully intended.)

I can't begin to tell you how impressed I am with the program and with the student-teachers (literally - high school students, mostly members of the kick-butt Penn swim team, trained in Red Cross swim instruction). Abby and Jacob tested in at level 2 (not completely terrified of the water, but certainly not swimmers) and were put in the same group with instructor "Paul." They love him and trust him completely. They went from very nervous about getting in the big pool (Jacob cried the first day) to full-fledged, underwater swimmers! The transformation, in 2 weeks time, has been truly unbelieveable!

We have an "easy-set" pool at home and they will spend as much time in it as I'll let them - and as much time is spent under the water as it is above it! They're even "diving" to retrieve things that they throw to the bottom of the pool! Obviously, I'm quite proud of my little swimmers, and to prove my point, I'll provide you with photographic proof! Have you ever seen cuter kids??

No comments:

Post a Comment