Thursday, June 16, 2005

Ahhh, Thursdays...

There are a lot of reasons that I like Thursdays...for one, they've always been my "day off." Of course, I should clarify that by saying that it's also the day that I watch my best friends 3 adorable children (hey Tam and Daryl!). For those of you who are mathematically challenged, that puts me at a total of FIVE kids.

Right now there are some of you out there going, "Yeah, so? I've got 8 of my own!" Well, I'm not talking to you. I'm talking to those of you who think, "Five kids?!? What are you, nuts??" That's right - you guys. Today was particularly interesting because I took 5 kids to swimming lessons at the beautiful Penn pool (ahh, the memories!). My two kids did the swimming, the rest watched. Then, this afternoon, my mom and I took SIX kids (we added one of my nieces) to the ZOO! Nothing like taking a bunch of smelly, lazy kids to see a bunch of loud, hyperactive animals. (haha - did you get how I switched that around like that? see, that's funny because the kids weren't really all that smelly...well, maybe a little...). And from the zoo, we proceeded to our traditional Thursday night supper club - the food court at the mall! Now there's fine dining for you! But hey, what would Thursday nights be without it? Like I said...it's tradition!

But I digress...back to the reasons I like Thursdays...NEW COMMUNITY! And more specifically, Thursday night worship. There's nothing like it - and I must say that Jason and Trace were particularly "on" tonight. Of course, a good amount of the credit for that is their incredibly talented sound guy... As difficult as it is sometimes for me to drag my exhausted self there after a very full day of KIDS (I don't know how else to say it!) and housework (what little I actually manage to do) there's nowhere else I'd rather be than standing in front of those guys while they lead us into the throne room of God. Thanks guys!

Now for some chocolate, a big glass of milk and BED!

No comments:

Post a Comment