Friday, June 17, 2005

Food and Fellowship

i just came from having lunch at Chic-Fil-A with some of my favorite people ever - good times, good times...there's nothing like sitting around a big table with a bunch of friends and just talking about stupid stuff. i've mentioned my church a few times - well, these friends are from GCC, and a couple are ones who frequently appear on stage, and we were talking about past mess-ups. you gotta love a bunch of guys who can stand on stage in front of a few thousand people, completely screw up, get over it and then proceed to make fun of themselves for it. now that's a good sense of humor. for example, last night rob said something that he quickly realized made no sense whatsoever and had to correct himself...several weeks back jason mixed up his words in a worship song and literally laughed out loud at himself in the middle of the song...a while back, corey had a complete train wreck while leading worship and they had to completely start the song over...and i have certainly had my share of disasters on stage. we had a pretty good laugh at all of those and more. i love the humility of the people we see on stage there. of course, there's nothing like making a blatantly obvious error on stage in front of a large crowd of people to keep you humble. but with these guys, it's more than that. it's knowing that it's not about them. that's pretty cool, especially since these guys have their own groupies...and i'm one of them!

2 comments:

  1. I miss chick-fil-a. There isn't one in 800 miles from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting together with the Callenders. I must say though, if the mood is right....Becky and I together could be incredibly dangerous! Kind of like when she serves communion and I can't even make I contact with her because it would be all over.

    ReplyDelete