Thursday, June 16, 2005

am i the last one out there to get one of these??

I got an email from Corey Mann today...now he's got a blog. It's official. I'm the last one to do it. So, here it is. I have no idea what I'm doing, but that in itself should make this pretty entertaining for the 2 or 3 of you who might actually occassionally read this.

7 comments:

  1. http://www.blogger.com/profile/5427491

    So do you know this person or is this just the joy of blogging with the world? At first glance I would suspect you had never met before, but then I noticed a strange similarity between the two of you (scrapping...).

    Anyway, a few thoughts on the blog phenomenon: First, why does everyone apologize when they begin their blogs? I mean, it doesn't necessarily come in that format, but the statements like, "Everyone else was doing it," and "I finally gave in," etc. All suggesting on some level that people might find it "faddish" or "superficial." Personally I find them interesting, though I don't begin to have the time to keep up with them all (since all my friends have them now :>). And second, I mused at how in the old days people had personal journals, or diaries if you will - small bits if information catalogued away to document the awe and angst of a life lived here on planet earth. Of course these random ramblings were rarely shared, and oft turned into a memoir once a person passed to the next life.

    And this is where the blog craze has completely shattered that reality. Now, random ramblings are floating out there in cyberspace - catalogued, indexed, easily found and read by countless millions who could potentially become you're biggest fan if you know what I mean... So is that good? Is it bad? Or could we say it's simply new and different?

    Obviously with the blog phenomenon fully engaged in our little corner of the universe, we'll just have to let it ride and see what happens.

    Happy blogging all :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becky is blogging? Let's celebrate. It's official. Now everyone in the entire world has a blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Daryl - You're right...Joy and I are both on the Design Team at PIT. She moved to Seattle a little while back, but we're still in touch via our DT message board. Pretty cool cuz otherwise we'd probably completely lose touch. Hey Joy!!
    becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay now i will know everything that goes on in your life.......

    you rock........

    ReplyDelete
  5. People who respond to bloggers are completely stupid...oh wait...

    ReplyDelete
  6. No, you are NOT the LAST person to have a blog. I don't have one. I'm not sure if I will. Love yours, though.

    ReplyDelete