Wednesday, June 25, 2008

WHAT THE...??!?

I just came to work an HOUR early. An entire hour. **WITHOUT REALIZING IT**!!! Apparently I woke up to my husband's alarm this morning, thinking it was mine - and it just happened to go off exactly when I expected it to - minus one hour. So I got up and jumped in the shower. Got out, looked at the clock - right on target. See, I only look at the minute hand because I have my schedule down and know I have to be out of the house by quarter til to get my coffee and get to work on time. Plugged through the morning routine, got my coffee, came to work, turned on all the lights, adjusted the thermostats and started counting out the money in the cash drawers. As I'm doing so I notice that the time on the computer says 8:16. Not 9:16 like I would normally expect, since I'm scheduled to get here at 9 and open at 9:30. No, 8:16. Weird. So I walk to my purse and pick up my cell phone. 8:16. Now that's really weird. Want to know the scary thing? I was so sure that it WASN'T 8:16 that the following explanations ran through my head:
  • Someone is playing a monumental practical joke on me. I mean, going to the point of changing the time on my cell - now that's impressive. So I check some more clocks and try to call my husband to ask him what time it is. No answer.
  • Did the time change?? It's June, right? Spring ahead, Fall back... What the heck happens in June?!? Check the time on the work phones. 8:16. Hmmm....

So I go back to counting the drawers and Adam calls me back. "What time is it?" I ask. 8:23. "ARE YOU STINKING KIDDING ME??!? I GOT UP AN HOUR EARLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Oh, and I almost forgot the best part. I pushed the snooze on my alarm TWICE this morning, just like normal. That's right. On MY alarm. The one that wasn't even going off yet. And it didn't even phase me, apparently, that it didn't do anything. I just went right back to sleep for that blissful 10 more minutes. Yeah.

2 comments:

  1. What a hard-working, dedicated, self-sacrificing thing to do. Too bad no one else saw it because THEY were all in bed SLEEPING!

    I love it. I did that once when I was Worship Pastor in Memphis, but the time HAD changed and I HADN'T. I slep in a pew til time to get going.

    ReplyDelete