This is, without a doubt, the closest thing to a miracle that I think I've ever personally experienced. Having perfect eye sight, after 25+ years of glasses and contacts - that is, if I want to be able to see anything. They told me again today that I'm actually seeing 20/15 (wowza!), which might be better than I've ever seen in my life! It still catches me off guard when I go to bed at night and when I wake up in the morning. Every night I think, "Forgot to take my contacts out again...WAIT!" And just about every morning I reach for my glasses on the nightstand... nothing. Blink, blink. WOA - I can SEE!!
This isn't to say that there aren't side effects. My eyes are dry sometimes - but they often were before the procedure, too. (Now I use eyedrops every now and then.) I'm pretty sensitive to light sometimes (other times it doesn't seem to bother me at all - kind of strange), but again, with contacts I was kind of the same way - now I just wear my sunglasses more regularly, which is probably a good thing. And honestly, if these are the worst of the side effects - they're a small price to pay. It is absolutely worth it. I would do it all again in a heartbeat!!
I thank God for this incredible gift - at different points throughout the day, or when I lay down at night and I can see the clock, the moon out the window, or the kids' faces when they come to my room with a bad dream... I know that it's only possible because he allowed it to happen. The funds (love that HSA), the doctor that I trusted, the results - all credit goes to him. I am so incredibly grateful.
No comments:
Post a Comment