The bottom of the water heater fell out yesterday. That's right - fell out. Water everywhere. Toyroom and the toys therein, soggy. I had the extreme privilege of going to Lowe's after work and buying (as Adam walked me through, step by step, over the phone) a brand spanking new water heater! (yippee) Went with a 50 gallon electric Whirlpool. Then, once I got it home, Adam had the extreme privilege of taking out the old one and replacing it with this shiny new model. A few hours later, we had hot water once more! Thank God I married a man who can handle those kinds of things!! :)
Now for the furnace. Our ignitor is out, so Adam has been (gulp) hand-lighting the furnace whenever necessary. Our current system is to heat the house to about 90 degrees, at which point the furnace shuts off. It won't start back up again, so we let it drop down to the high 60's (unless we're not home when it shuts off, in which case it can get as low as 60-ish) before Adam goes down there with the lighter again. So we sweat for a while, then we shiver for a while, the we sweat again... Or, like this evening, the kids and I get home after a long day of the furnace being OFF and we bundle up like eskimos until Adam can get home to light it again. The joys of owning your own home, huh? Unfortunately Adam's got such a busy week, and he's had other more emergent situations arrise (see above), that he hasn't been able to get to the furnace yet. Poor guy - if it's not one thing, it's another. We've definitely been over-working him around here lately!
And in other new... it's my birthday on Saturday! In addition to a new water heater, I'd love gift certificates!! ;) Like from JA Ross, or my favorite restaurants, or (even better) PAGES IN TIME!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
, now that you have a new water heater and the water gets hot, the answer to your furnace being out is to start taking LONG showers... very warm ones.
ReplyDeleteCan you buy a new ignition for the furnace at JARoss? Anyway, what IS (ARE) your favorite restaraunt(s), shops (sorry, I'm not familiar with JARos), etc., etc.? (Not that I'll actually SEND anything, but it makes people think I will be, and gets your hopes up in a time when your hopes could use a boost... of course, just to be dashed later).
Hmmm, favorite? That's a tough one! Maybe Outback. Or PF Changs.
ReplyDeleteOr there's always the Cheesecake Factory...
Time to go - I'm getting hungry!
You guys actually have a PF Changs and Cheesecake Factory? We have to go all the way to Tampa for those!
ReplyDeleteNo, we don't have either - but they're worth the trip, aren't they?? There are rumors flying, though, that we're getting a Chang's... we'll see! Fortunately we're close enough to Chicago that it's not too bad a trip. :)
ReplyDelete