Friday, February 2, 2007

Califonia

As many of you know, I've been in Southern California for CHA-Winter, the biggest scrapbooking tradeshow of the year. I come with a team from Pages In Time to shop for and buy all of the merchandise that will eventually fill our store - it's loads of fun, and very hard work all at the same time. If you are interested at all, you can check out pictures from the show here (warning: by clicking on this link, you will enter a world of scrapbooking to which you may regret having exposed yourself). We got here on Saturday, the show started with some receptions that night and then went full force until Wednesday afternoon. After the show ended, Jeri and I hitched a ride to Downtown Disney (Mark flew out earlier in the morning and Julie got picked up before lunch by her cousin, with whom she'll be staying until she leaves today).





Jeri and I walked thru the shops of Downtown Disney and ate at a little pizza place. We stumbled across a "Libby Lu" store. Can't say I've seen anything like that. I'm fascinated and frightened all at the same time. I can't imagine what happens in the life of a little girl who's exposed to this. On one hand it would be beyond fun and entertaining, but at what point does she begin to expect this kind of treatment?? YIKES! That would be a very scary day...
After that we hung out in the lobby of our hotel as we waited for Katie to get done with work and pick us up. We then spent a good deal of attempting to get all of our luggage, and ourselves, into Katie's Jeep Wrangler. We broke SEVERAL major traffic laws getting from there to Katie's house, including fitting 3 adults across the front seat of the jeep - I was the lucky one who sat on the console in between the bucket seats. THAT was an experience.


Yesterday we walked the beach behind the Montage in Laguna Beach, and the headed south to San Diego and La Jolla. Got to see the seals again and walked downtown through the shops, stopping for Haagen Daz for Jeri (not the first time this week, btw). Then we headed down to the beach again to check out the tide pools and wait for sunset. Unfortunately it didn't pan out too well because of the clouds, but it was still loads of fun. After driving back north to Katie's, we stopped at the mall in Mission Viejo for some dinner and shopping. Good day!

More pictures HERE

2 comments:

  1. I have found that I am immune to scrapbooking (about the only thing I'm immune to). I have looked at the site and all the pictures and have come away unscathed. Now, if you'd been to the NAMM (National Association of Music Merchants) show or The Big Event (national cigar show), I would have frothed at the mouth, made unusual howling sounds, and pee'd on myself. But scrpbooking? What's the big deal? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you guys had a blast! I LOVED the pictures! I hope you guys enjoyed the cookies and icecream!!

    ReplyDelete