Thursday, June 22, 2006

A rough night

Abby's sick. Not sure yet if it's the flu or something she ate, (that question will be answered if another of the kids comes down with it) but whatever it is has effectively been purged from her system. Started around 3am and lasted straight through 9am, about every 30 minutes or so. Fortunately, she's my "easy puker." If you don't know what I'm talking about, refresh your memory here. She's such a little sweetheart - she actually makes it possible for me to show mercy - something I really struggle with.

Poor kid had to miss swimming lessons this morning and church tonight - she wasn't too happy about either. She did a lot of laying around, watching tv and, once things starting staying down, drinking a little juice. We're hopeful for a full recovery by morning so that she can return to her normal activities (and so that I can get a full night's sleep!).

1 comment:

  1. SO sorry to hear about the illness. I hope she feels better soon.

    I am curious however, what people with only one child do to determine wheather it's the flu or food poisoning? You know, no second child as a "litmus test"? Oh ya, now I remember, you just wait til they barf on your side of the bed and "examine" the contents. How could I have forgotten? (It was ALWAYS my side of the bed....)

    ReplyDelete