We walked the McMullen's neighborhood again this year, after an overwhelming unanimous vote by the kids. It helps that a LOT more of their friends from school live in that neighborhood. All of the group photos are on the McMullen's camera, but I snapped these with my iphone...

Jacob was Indiana Jones this year, and he looked AWESOME. I think he could have been dirtier, but we ran out of time for such details. He did have a cap gun, a whip, a brown satchel and THE HAT, though, so he certainly looked authentic enough (huge thanks to Mom and Katie for all the props for this outfit!).

Abby was a mummy, which isn't a difficult costume to put together - however, it's a somewhat difficult costume to KEEP together. By the end of the night she had strings of gauze trailing behind her for several yards. Pretty funny. She was the only mummy we saw all night! Allison was a pirate, Rachel was a leopard, Ty was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle, Carter was a knight and Mo was a bumble bee. They were all SO cute!!

These are our jack-o-lanterns for this year. Mine is the top left, Abby's is top right (with 3 different designs - ghost on one side, and two different faces on the others), Adam's is bottom right, and Jacob and I collaborated on the bottom right (Pherb).
It was a BEAUTIFUL evening for trick-or-treating and for walking the neighborhood with friends. Can't remember the last time it was so nice, or that we stayed DRY the whole time.
Afterward, our family headed over to mom's for dinner with her, Katie and Steve's girls. Steve (or should I say Magnum P.I.) was headed out the door. Had a delicious meal and some yummy Halloween cake - thanks mom!!
They look so cute! I can just picture Abby's costume unravelling behind her. =) I can't wait to see some more pics
ReplyDeleteThey look great! Did you sing the theme song to "Raiders" behind Jacob as he was walking?
ReplyDeleteYou're BACK and better than ever!!!
ReplyDeleteI have now linked your blog to mine so that I can access it with a simple click. LOVE the costumes, and YES! I'm ready for the elections to be over! One more of those stupid political ads and I will have no choice but to toss my cookies.
Awesome! Lauren was Sylon, Ninja Princess, a character she created. Don't look at me like that, at least she wasn't Hannah Montana! : )
ReplyDelete