So what's new?? Hmmm. Let's see...
- Anyone else ready for the election to be over already?
- The kids had their parent/teacher conferences this week and we've learned that they're both geniuses and destined for greatness. So in other words, no surprises there.
- Halloween is this week and we'll have a little Mummy and a mini Indiana Jones.
- Jacob is now in 4th grade (how is that possible?!?). Abby is in 2nd and in the same class as her BFF Allison.
- Adam is still working away at GCC and loves his team - Mike, Jonathan, Doc, Frank, Mike R and Stephanie, along with a host of volunteers all make it possible for Adam and I to actually see each other occasionally and for us to spend time together as a family.
- I still work at Pages In Time. Nuff said.
- Summer's officially over. We had our first snow this week! The kids were thrilled. I was not. I'm ready for Adam to decide to which southern location we'll be retiring. With his new hobby, it will like be somewhere near water...
- Adam's new hobby is SCUBA. Adam has worked diligently for many years to support my scrapbooking hobby. I guess now it's my turn to step up and getting a REAL job to support his. Any leads out there on anything in the 6-figure range??
- I read the Twilight series - twice - in August and September and am now anxiously awaiting the movie on 11/21. Can't wait!
- My punk sister is movie BACK to California in December - less than a year from when I drove her butt home! I can't believe she's leaving again, and I'm going to miss having her around...
- Adam and I took the kids to see High School Musical 3 the night it was released in the theater and it was AWESOME!! We all loved the movie - the dancing and music was absolutely outstanding. Seriously!
- My favorite shows this year: Private Practice, Grey's Anatomy, Brothers & Sisters and Dirty, Sexy Money (I didn't claim that any of them had redemptive value! They are definitely for entertainment purposes)
- I'm working the polls on Election Day again this year! I LOVE being a small part of the political process in that way. Watching people exercise this important right in our Democratic system is SO exciting!! It'll be a LONG day, but I have a feeling that we'll be busy. :)
Thanks for the update, Beck! =) I never thought I'd see the day where I out-blogged you and Joy! (btw, I can't wait to see Twilight, either!)
ReplyDeleteI can stop "the shakes" now. (Okay, so I'm a LITTLE overly dramatic....)
ReplyDeleteGlad to see the update! By the way, I know some GREAT spots for SCUBA diving and snorkelling (but they're IN FLORIDA!!!!!).
It is about dog gone time!!!!! Glad to see that you have joined the blogging world again!!
ReplyDelete