Where have I been lately, you might be asking yourself? Well, you're not the only one. My kids and husband have been wondering the same thing! This week was "MOVE" week at work - we moved an entire 8,000 square foot retail store to a new 10,200 square foot location about two miles up the road. A handful of die-hards and I spent a ridiculous number of hours preparing, executing and now recovering from this overwhelming task (98+ hours for me alone!), and if you add our hours up and multiply them by pi to the 4th power, it still couldn't touch the number of hours that the Turners and their extended family have spent working to get the building ready for us to take over. Once ready, Julie and I did our best to plan out where everything would go in the new store - no pressure or anything! Imagine, all of those very "vocal" customers coming in, day after day, expressing their not-so-humble opinions of how the store looks, where things are located, how they would have done it differently... I don't always handle those kinds of comments very well. Fortunately, the feedback has been very positive since the doors opened on Wednesday morning. Here's the best part, though: I LOVE it. And I'm SO proud of the work we did together as a team. It was the most positive experience during the most difficult, physical work I've ever done in my life. Ouch. Adam says it looks like someone held me down and beat me with a baseball bat. I'm a little bruised and battered, but now on the road to recovery. Another 3 straight days of sleep and I should be all set! ;) (click on the picture for MORE)
Now for a weekend away with the girls - to Chicago for shopping and WICKED!!! to help me get back on my feet, and then I'll be ready and raring to go next week...
So, when do you, Adam and the kids move in?
ReplyDeleteI need to see more inside shots please to rid my head of the idea that the store has a pool and sells kitchen appliances, and people are jumping into the pool from the mezannine (sp?) Seriously...I need new photos!
ReplyDelete