Monday, January 1, 2007

A New Year

We started out this new year with our immediate family and some of our closest friends - the McMullens and Verduins. The Ruths were MIA due to a nasty virus that has resurfaced and is still attempting to hunt us down. Poor Jami - nothing like being 7 months pregnant and puking your guts out all day long. Fortunately, the Callenders are healthy (at the moment) and looking forward to a terrific 2007. We ended the old and started the new sitting together with kids on laps - the way it should be.

Jacob got up this morning around 10:45 and Noon came and went before Abby crawled out of bed! This coming week is going to be a bear, trying to get them back on their normal schedule and ready to get up for school next Monday morning at 6:30am. Ouch. We've all really enjoyed sleeping in over Christmas break. Even Jacob.

Today was a lazy day - most of us left our jammies on and no one left the house. Watched the Rose Parade (did you see all the Star Wars stuff going on there? AWESOME) and a lot of Disney Channel. The xbox 360 has also gotten it's share of use. Adam and I spent a fair amount of time cleaning up around the house, and then the McMullens arrived to drop off the kids for an overnighter - the kids were ALL squeeling with delight! We'll see how much sleeping will go on - it's already midnight and 4 of the 5 are still awake. Like I said - getting them back on that schedule any day now...

I'm back to work tomorrow. Would much rather stay home with Adam and the kids, but someone has to bring home the bacon around here!! ;) HA! We've still got some fun plans for the rest of the week - another movie, maybe some bowling, and it looks like a train ride to Chicago!

Oh, two small announcements: I just won a pair of NEW Dr. Marten boots on ebay for $41! Woohoo!! AND...I'm going to Anaheim at the end of the month for a trade show and then Jeri and I extending our trip a couple of days to stay with Katie - I can't wait!!!!

1 comment:

  1. o getting the kids back on their sleep schedules I have the start of a whole host of solutions. Ambien, Sonata, Lunesta, etc., etc.

    ReplyDelete